Monday, May 7, 2012

paternity leave

Mike's paternity leave has finally kicked in, and I'm pretty sure all four of us are loving life! Mike has never enjoyed work more, it is nice for me to have help, Joseph is able to get out of the house and do fun activities more often, and Andrew gets more attention because there are more people to hold him and more parents to share. Love it! We may consider having a baby every year so we can get this extra paternity leave added to Mike's time off! So far Mike and Joseph have gone swimming about everyday- which Joseph absolutely loves, they have gone to story time at the Library, the Children's Museum, walks to the pond, Home Depot's children's workshop, Monkey Buziness, indoor playground at the mall and the Merry Go Round, Red Mango way too many times without me, the park, and Oberweis for ice cream. Joseph and I were able to go to two birthday parties, and run some errands. Life is a little more fun with dad than mom! Here are some picture updates!

Andrew at 8 weeks! Yeah, looking the other way! But that's because I turned him around, he is still looking out the window. Cute little guy!

Joseph likes to set up and pose for his own photo shoots now that I've started doing them with Andrew.

Precious little guy.

Ready to go to church.

Boys, boys, boys! 

Andrew showing off his strong muscles.

 
Andrew closely studying Joseph. Learning the ways from his big brother.

Here are pictures from Joseph/Daddy time.
On the merry-go-round

Going on walks and looking at ducks

Rocking out at the park

Playing with the water and ducks at the Children's Museum

Showing off his project he made with dad.

We love having Dad home and are so excited to have him home for two more weeks! We sure are being spoiled right now. We love it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my cute! I'm glad my brother is working hard at being a good dad, because heaven knows you work hard and being an excellent mom :)I'm glad you guys get to have some good family time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun! I'm not sure Buck would make it so many places with Millie. Mike has set the bar high! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Buck's final 100% decision on a job...hope to see yall soonish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO CUTE! Andrew is adorable and getting so big and Joseph is so stinkin' cute too! I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun, and I'm so glad Michael gets time off work to be with you guys as well! LOVE the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post so much! So glad you guys are enjoying paternity leave!! Love those sweet boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Home Depot project. looks good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie your little guy is getting so big! You have such darling boys and your such a good mom. Btw-we need to visit you! :) Will probably be calling you this week:)

    ReplyDelete