so one of the first projects I took upon was finishing a quilt from a family reunion. my little brother Neal won this quilt in a drawing, and my mom gave it to us. it had raw edges that weren't put together, so I made a nice hem for it and gave it a nice finish. yeah for sewing machines!
in our bedroom we have been using a red fleece blanket that was pinned up with tacks to cover our window. i had some curtains that i had for some odd reason, so i went to lowe's and got some curtain rods. my dear hubby put the rods up (it was quite the ordeal, we can't wait to have our own house so we actually know what's behind the wall). now our bedroom looks much more put together.
my ward had a talent swap some time ago, and one of them was sewing projects. we're using a pack n play for our little guy to sleep in his first year of life since our apartment is so small and we have so much stuff. one of the sewing projects was for a pack n play sheet cover. they average from $10-$20, but i made ours for a little under $3! yeah for trying to be domestic. here are the directions to make one.
you are looking so cute! you are getting closer, I can't wait for you, bein a mom is so fun...time consuming...but fun :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't read blogs in 6 months..until this week! CONGRATS kiddies!!!! this is WAY exciting and I'm SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteGo you!! Maybe I should send you our list since you seem to be much more motivated to get things done : ) Here's a little to get you started: get our town home ready to sell, shop for a minivan, get baby things out of storage, wash everything, and throw two birthday parties (preferably before the baby comes in 7 weeks...) I'll be cheering you on the whole time Marie : )
ReplyDeleteWow! First of all, Marie, you look fantastic! Can't wait to see you guys in Hawaii! Second, the nesting instinct is kicking in full force! Your projects are beautiful! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete